The Fall MAIN Event 2017
Thursday, October 19, 2017
8:15 AM - 1:30PM
L'Etoile du Nord French Immersion School, Lower Campus
1305 Prosperity Ave., Saint Paul, MN 55106
Keynote: Translanguaging in Dual Language and Immersion Classrooms
Dr. Tara W. Fortune: Immersion teaching specialist and Director of the Immersion Research and Professional Development Program at the Center for Advanced Research in Language Acquisition (CARLA) at the University of Minnesota.
- Growth Mindset and Goal Setting (K-12; Spanish/English).
- Priorities for Professional Development for Language Immersion Educators (Administrators, Curriculum Coordinators, Lead Teachers; English).
- Immersion Improv: Integration of Language and Movement (K-12, Administrators, Special Educators, English)
- Assessing Spanish Text Complexity (Elementary/Middle School; Spanish/English)
- Google Apps in Education (K-12; English/Spanish)
- Using Technology to Promote Language Production (PreK-6, Special Educators, World Language Teachers; English/Chinese)
- Peer Tutoring as a Tool to Increase Reading Fluency for Elementary Immersion Students (Elementary; English)
- Seesaw Mania, (K-6; English/Spanish)